Tulsi Gabbard says Hillary Clinton has ‘blood on her hands’ and brands her the ’embodiment of corruption’ after the former Secretary of State claimed she was a ‘favorite of the Russians’ as fellow Democratic candidates flock to the veteran’s defense
- Hawaii congresswoman and presidential candidates hit back at Hillary Clinton
- Gabbard accused ex-Secretary of State of being ’embodiment of corruption’
- Clinton said Gabbard was a ‘Russian asset’ who was being ‘groomed by Kremlin’
- Marianne Williamson and Andrew Yang were only Democratic candidates to back Gabbard
- Others remained silent while Cory Booker mocked Gabbard’s rebuttal to Clinton
- Clinton backed out of appearance at Fortune’s Most Powerful Women Summit
- She and Gabbard had been scheduled to speak there next week
- Clinton confidante insists she backed out of event because of Kirstjen Neilsen
By ARIEL ZILBER and KEITH GRIFFITH and MARY KEKATOS and EMILY GOODIN, U.S. POLITICAL REPORTER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
Democratic presidential hopeful Tulsi Gabbard assailed Hillary Clinton for ‘having blood on her hands’ after the former Secretary of State claimed that Russia was grooming the congresswoman from Hawaii to be a third-party candidate.
‘Thousands of my brothers and sisters in uniform were killed in Iraq, a war that she championed,’ Gabbard told Fox News on Friday.
‘Their blood is on her hands. That’s why she’s smearing my character and trying to undermine my campaign.’
Clinton, the Democratic nominee who lost to Donald Trump in the 2016 election, told a podcast hosted by former Obama aide David Plouffe on Friday that Gabbard is a ‘Russian asset’.
‘They know [Trump] can’t win without a third-party candidate,’ Clinton told Plouffe on his Campaign HQ podcast.