“OPERATION MEGA”

Share

ICE Planning the Biggest Round Up of Illegal Aliens in U.S. History!

by Joshua Caplan
Gateway Pundit

Donald Trump made a promise to his supporters on the day he announced his candidacy for President of the United States. The time to enforce immigration laws is long overdue and he vowed to not only uphold them, but bolster them. In an exclusive report, NBC News reveals the Department of Homeland Security is planning a massive round up of illegal aliens.

“The largest operation of its kind in the history of ICE.”

The largest in U.S. history!

NBC News reports:

President Donald Trump’s Department of Homeland Security is planning nationwide raids to target 8,400 undocumented immigrants later this month, according to three law enforcement officials and an internal document that described the plan as “the largest operation of its kind in the history of ICE,” an acronym for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

The raids, scheduled over five days beginning Sept. 17, are being called “Operation Mega,” according to the document, a memo circulated agency-wide in August.

It is not unusual for ICE operations to target immigrants by the hundreds or even low thousands. The higher-than-usual target number may be partially driven by an effort to reach a deportation goal at the end of the fiscal year, which ends Sept. 30, one of the officials said.

Operation Mega is still in the planning stage and its details may change or it may even be cancelled, the officials said, especially as the agency reallocates resources toward rescue operations in Florida ahead of the looming Hurricane Irma.

If carried out, it would come on the heels of Trump’s controversial decision to end the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, known as DACA, that allows some immigrants who were brought into the United States as children to stay.

President Trump is one step closer to fulfilling one of his core campaign promises; building a border wall between the U.S. and Mexico. On Thursday, CBP announced it awarded four companies “other materials” contracts for border wall prototypes.

According to CBP:

U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) announced today contract awards for “other materials” prototypes of the border wall. The following companies were selected to construct alternate materials border wall prototypes:

Caddell Construction Co., (DE), LLC, Montgomery, Alabama

KWR Construction, Inc. – Sierra Vista, Arizona

ELTA North America Inc. – Annapolis Junction, Maryland

W. G. Yates & Sons Construction Company, Philadelphia, Mississippi

CBP officials will meet with the vendors and determine construction timeline, however we expect to construct the prototypes in the fall.

Prototypes constructed from alternate materials will serve two important ends. First, given their robust physical characteristics-for example, they will be between 18 and 30 feet high-the “other materials” border wall prototypes are designed to deter illegal crossings in the area in which they are constructed. Second, they will provide an innovative perspective in the application of new materials which will allow CBP to evaluate the potential for new wall and barrier designs to complement the current wall and barrier used along the Southwest border.

CBP’s decision on the “other materials” Request for Proposal (RFP) is the second and final decision related to selection of prototype designs for the border wall. Last week, CBP announced four contract awards for concrete wall prototypes.

___
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/09/operation-mega-ice-planning-biggest-round-illegal-aliens-u-s-history/

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.