Q-Poll: Just Over Half of Floridians Won’t Vote for Trump
By Jeffrey Rodack
Fifty-one percent of Floridians say they will definitely not vote for President Donald Trump in 2020, according to a new Quinnipiac University poll.
Thirty-one percent would definitely vote for him and 14 percent would consider it.
Here are highlights from the poll released Thursday:
- 75 percent of Republicans say they are definitely voting for Trump, 14 percent said they would consider voting for him and 8 percent would definitely not vote for the president.
- 2 percent of Democrats say they will definitely vote for his re-election, 2 percent would consider voting for him and 95 percent definitely would not.
- 21 percent of independents will definitely cast their ballots for the president, 24 percent would consider it and 49 percent definitely would not.
- 52 percent had an unfavorable opinion of Trump, while 40 percent were favorable.
- 49 percent viewed former Vice President Joe Biden favorably, compared to 35 percent who did not. Biden’s ratings were the highest of any Democratic presidential candidate or those who still might enter the race.
The poll, conducted March 6-11, surveyed 1,058 Florida voters. It has a margin of error of 3.7 percentage points.