Top FBI And DOJ Officials To Be Subpoenaed: McCabe, Strzok, Page In The Crosshairs
House Judiciary Committee member Jim Jordan (R-OH) says he’s gotten a commitment from committee chairman Bob Goodlatte (R-VA) to issue subpoenas for several key officials at the FBI and Justice Department implicated in disturbing revelations of political bias against President Donald Trump.
House and Senate committees have turned their focus in recent weeks to Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe, counterintelligence investigator Peter Strzok, FBI attorney Lisa Page, former associate deputy attorney general Bruce Ohr and his wife Nellie – who worked for Fusion GPS, the firm behind the “Trump-Russia” dossier and several other concurrent campaigns to smear Donald Trump in an effort funded in large part by Hillary Clinton and the DNC.
“Chairman Goodlatte has told us he is going to subpoena those individuals,” said Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH), while speaking to a Fox panel on’ “Justice with Judge Jeanine (longer clip here).”
FIREWORKS! 💥 GOP Rep. Jim Jordan reveals the House Judiciary Committee will subpoena Andrew McCabe, Peter Strzok, Lisa Page, Bruce and Nellie Ohr pic.twitter.com/PO8o6nsI0k
— Joshua Dov Caplan (@joshdcaplan) December 17, 2017
GOP lawmakers have honed in on highly troublesome revelations over the last several weeks which paint a clear picture of a highly politicized FBI actively assisting Hillary Clinton as candidate for president, while using an unproven dossier which relied on the cooperation of Kremlin officials to smear then-candidate Donald Trump.
Of recent interest to investigators is a trove of around 10,000 text messages between FBI agent Peter Strzok to his mistress, FBI attorney Lisa Page showing extreme bias against then-candidate Trump, while both of them were actively engaged in the Clinton email investigation and the Trump-Russia investigation. One text message in particular turned heads, in which Strzok referenced an “insurance policy” in case Trump were to be elected. Strzok wrote to Page: “I want to believe the path you threw out to consideration in Andy’s office — that there’s no way he gets elected — but I’m afraid we can’t take that risk.” It’s like an insurance policy in the unlikely event you die before you’re 40….”
In a Thursday letter released by Senate Homeland Security and Govt. Affairs chairman Ron Johnson (R-WI), it was revealed that the FBI went far beyond what was previously known in regards to editing the Clinton exoneration statement. Under the lead of FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, drafts of Clinton’s exoneration were passed around the office and edited to shift the conclusion from criminal conduct to “extreme carelessness.”
GOP lawmakers also claim the FBI launched its investigation into Russian collusion based on the 34-page dossier created by opposition research firm Fusion GPS – which hired the CIA wife of a senior DOJ official to assist in digging up damaging information on 5then-candidate Trump.
A report last Monday by Fox News revealed that Nellie Ohr, the wife of recently demoted DOJ official Bruce Ohr, worked for Fusion GPS – the firm behind the Trump-Russia dossier. It was also later uncovered by internet sleuths that Nellie Ohr represented the CIA’s “Open Source Works” group at a 2010 working group on organized crime, which she participated in along with her husband Bruce and Glenn Simpson, co-founder of Fusion GPS.
Meanwhile, nervous Democrats on the House Intelligence Committee are growing increasingly nervous that the Mueller probe and the current Russian interference investigations in the Senate and the House will be shut down – which Trump Attorney Ty Cobb refuted in a statement to Politico, telling them “As the White House has repeatedly and emphatically said for months, there is no consideration at the White House of terminating the special counsel.”
And with word now that top FBI and DOJ officials are about to be slapped with subpoenas, shutting down the investigations now would deprive the American public of quite the show as the noose grows ever tighter.
TIMELINE OF EVENTS (5/3/2016 – 1/10/2017):
- 05/03/16 – Trump becomes the presumptive Republican nominee for the office of president
- 05/03/16 – Clinton IT specialist Paul Combetta admits to lying to the FBI about erasing emails using BleachBit but is not charged for the crime
- 05/05/16 – Washington Post reports there is “scant evidence” of a crime committed by Clinton through her use of a private email server
- 05/15/16 – Nellie Ohr, wife of DOJ executive Bruce Ohr, is hired by Fusion GPS, presumably to work on Russian “Dossier”
- 05/16/16 – Draft statement by FBI directory Comey exonerating Clinton is circulated to FBI leadership, long before they are done with their investigation.
- 06/10/16 – FBI agent Peter Strzok changes wording of Clinton charges from criminal designation “grossly negligent” to “extremely careless”
- 06/15/16 – Ex-MI-6 agent Christopher Steele is hired by Fusion GPS as part of an opposition research campaign against Donald Trump – funded in part by Hillary Clinton’s campaign and the DNC
- 06/20/16 – Fusion GPS contractor Christopher Steele releases first of 17 memos that comprise the Russian “Dossier” – alleging that Trump used prostitutes during a 2013 visit to Moscow and that the Kremlin was blackmailing him with evidence.
- 06/27/16 – A.G. Loretta Lynch secretly meets with Bill Clinton on an airport tarmac; they later deny discussing the investigation
- 07/02/16 – Clinton interviewed by FBI agent Peter Strzok’s team for 3.5 hours; she is not placed under oath nor recorded (WaPo)
- 07/05/16 – FISA Court denies FBI request for surveillance of Trump campaign
- 07/05/16 – Fusion GPS contractor Christopher Steele shares Russian “Dossier” with the FBI
- 07/05/16 – FBI director Comey recommends no charges against Hillary Clinton for use of her email server
- 07/06/16 – A.G. Loretta Lynch accepts Comey’s recommendation not to charge Clinton for mishandling classified information
- 07/10/16 – DNC staffer Seth Rich murdered in as yet unsolved case
- 07/22/16 – Wikileaks releases archive of emails stolen from Democrat National Committee (DNC)
- 07/25/16 – FBI announces it will investigate the DNC hack revealed by Wikileaks
- 07/28/16 – Strzok sends text message referring to something “Opened on Trump?”
- 07/30/16 – FBI opens counterintelligence investigation into possible Russian “collusion” with Trump campaign led bt Peter Strzok
- 08/06/16 – Lisa Page texts Strzok; “Maybe you’re meant to stay where you are because you’re meant to protect the country from that menace,” to which Strzok replies “I can protect our country at many levels.”
- 08/15/16 – FBI investigator Strzok emails mistress referencing an “insurance policy” against Trump becoming president
- 08/16/16 – FBI writes Congress defending decision not to prosecute Clinton, stating it was ‘extreme carelessness’ and not ‘gross negligence’
- 08/25/16 – CIA director James Brennan informs Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid about possible Russian “collusion” with Trump campaign
- 09/05/16 – Hillary Clinton accuses Russia of interfering with U.S. election
- 09/09/16 – Donald Trump Jr. meets with Russian attorney after being lured by the promise of opposition research
- 09/15/16 – FISA Court approves FBI request for surveillance of Trump campaign based upon Russian “Dossier”
- 09/21/16 – New York Times, Washington Post, and Yahoo News verbally briefed on Russian “Dossier” according to court filings
- 09/23/16 – Yahoo News publishes report based upon Russian “Dossier” and possible collusion with Trump campaign
- 09/28/16 – Comey claims his decision to exonerate Clinton was not made until after her interview with FBI agents
- 10/07/16 – Obama administration officially accuses Russia of meddling in 2016 presidential election
- 10/15/16 – FBI meets with Fusion GPS contractor Steele and offers to pay him for more Russian “Dossier” material
- 10/28/16 – Comey reopens investigation into Hillary Clinton’s email server due to information found on Anthony Weiner’s computer
- 10/30/16 – Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid writes to James Comey asking him to release “explosive” information on Russian “collusion”
- 10/31/16 – Fusion GPS contractor Steele feeds information to David Corn of Mother Jones that ties Trump to Russian “collusion”
- 10/31/16 – Clinton campaign issues statement, citing Slate, about server in Trump Tower that secretly communicated with Russia (Fusion GPS was behind this)
- 11/06/16 – Comey exonerates Clinton again after Weiner documents are reviewed “around the clock”
- 11/08/16 – Donald Trump is elected President of the United States
- 11/15/16 – DOJ executive Bruce Ohr meets in secret with Fusion GPS founder Glenn Simpson regarding Russian “Dossier”
- 11/15/16 – FBI agrees to continue fund Steele and his “Dossier”
- 11/18/16 – Sen. John McCain told of the Russian “Dossier”; a copy is sent to McCain and key aides
- 12/09/16 – McCain provides a copy of Russian “Dossier” to FBI director James Comey
- 12/09/16 – President Obama orders intelligence community to investigate Russian influence on U.S. election
- 01/06/17 – Comey briefs President-Elect Trump on existence of “salacious and unverified” Russian “Dossier”
- 01/10/17 – U.S. intelligence chiefs Comey, Clapper, Brennan, Rogers brief Obama on Russian “Dossier” and attempts to “influence” Trump
- 01/10/17 – BuzzFeed releases full Fusion GPS “Dossier“
(h/t ZeroHedge user nmewn)